treaty oak strategies
Under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this website collects personal information as a Controller. We determine how personal information is collected, how long it is retained, and what it will be used for. We use third party service providers, who act as data processors, for tasks such as monitoring our website traffic, processing payments, email marketing, advertising, and other limited tasks. We have confirmed to the best of our ability that these third party service providers are GDPR-compliant. Their use of your personal information is strictly limited to what is necessary to perform their tasks.
ii. Personal Information Collection and Use
Through your use of our website, we collect certain types of personal information: data you provide, and data that is automatically collected when you use our website. The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
● First name and last name
● Email address
● Usage data
Personal User Information Voluntarily Provided
While using our website, you may voluntarily provide personal information to us by registering for an account, subscribing to our newsletter or email list, downloading our free content, commenting on our website or social media platforms, registering for an account on our webpage through social networking sites, participating in competitions or giveaways, completing surveys, contacting us through our website or social media platforms, or through any other form of voluntary engagement with us and/or the website. We collect the personal information you provide us when undertaking any of the above tasks for purposes of communicating with you, providing customer support, responding to your requests, and marketing to you.
We collect usage data automatically when you visit our website. The usage data we collect may include your device’s IP address, operating system, browser type and version, geographical location, which pages of our website you visit, how often, the date and time of your visit, and mobile information. If you access our website on a mobile device, we may collect unique mobile identifiers. We collect this data through analytics tracking systems such as Google Analytics. We use this data to analyze and improve our website’s performance, to provide relevant content and advertising to our users, and to improve our products and services.
Preventing Fraud and Legal Compliance
We may also use your personal information to assist in detecting and preventing fraud and where necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement obligations.
iii. Cookies, Pixels and Web Beacons
We may also send Facebook pixels and web beacons to your computer or device to identify your browser and improve the quality of our website and advertising.
We use session cookies, which expire once you close your browser, to enable you to use all of the features of our website. These are strictly necessary cookies. Without these cookies, all of the services of our website will not be available for you to utilize.
Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device until you delete them. Persistent cookies used by our website include:
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies record visits to our website and track user browsing habits while on our website. We use this information to ensure the advertising displayed on our website is relevant to our users.
iv. Opting Out and Managing Cookies
You can opt out of having your browsing activity on our website available to our analytics programs and display advertising by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you do not accept cookies on our website, your experience on our webpage may be impacted as all of our features and functionality may not be available to you.
- Delete the cookies associated with this website that are saved in your browser.
Please visit the help pages of your web browser for more information on deleting cookies.
For Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
For Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For Internet Explorer:
For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
v. Email Marketing
If you are not in the European Union, if you download any of our free materials, purchase our services or products, subscribe to our newsletter, you may be automatically added to our email list. You can opt out at any time by unsubscribing at the bottom of every email we send, or emailing us at email@example.com.
If you are in the European Union and download any of our free materials, purchase any of our services or products, or subscribe to our newsletter, you will only be added to our email list when you affirmatively consent to be added. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time from the bottom of every email we send or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
vi. Processing of your Personal Information Under the GDPR
Our legal basis for processing your personal information under the GDPR includes your consent, by voluntarily providing us your information when communicating with us, subscribing to our email list or newsletter, downloading our free content, commenting on our website or social media, participating in surveys or giveaways, or any form of engagement with us where you voluntarily give us your personal information in order to communicate or participate.
In addition, our legal basis for processing your personal information is our legitimate interests in:
- Monitoring, tracking, and improving our website’s performance
- Improving the content of our webpage and social media platforms
- Improving our products and services
- Keeping detailed records to protect us or you in the event of legal action.
Finally, through buying our products or services, you are entering a contract with us. We have a legal basis to process your transaction data in performance of that contract.
vii. Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We protect your privacy and share your personal information for limited purposes in any or all of the following:
- We may share your personal information with third party service providers to help analyze the performance of our website, to show advertisements to you relevant to our website, to show you advertisements, and if necessary to complete purchases on our website via payment processing. We may share your personal information with any other additional service providers that help us maintain this website and administer our business.These providers are obligated not to disclose your personal information and their use of said personal information is limited to what is necessary to perform their obligations to us.
- If we ever elect to transfer or sell all or part of our company, we may disclose your personal information in connection with that sale.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law enforcement or other legitimate public authority.
viii. Transfer & Retention of Your Personal Information
Your personal information is processed by us at our location as well as the location of third parties who also process this personal information. As such, your personal information may be transferred to devices outside of your current jurisdiction. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, your personal data may be transferred to countries outside of the EEA. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in the maintenance of our website and our business.
In an effort to maintain your privacy, your personal information will only be retained for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal information was collected, and to fulfill any legal obligations. Occasionally, we will remove unique identifiers from your data for research purposes.
ix. Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal data is of utmost importance to us and we use commercially reasonable methods of maintaining security.
Any payments to our website are processed through our e-commerce platform. This platform stores your secure data behind a firewall and encrypts any credit card information in accordance with industry security standards, PCI-DSS. When you make a credit card payment through our website, your transaction information is deleted after the transaction is completed.
While we make every effort to protect and maintain the security of your personal information, we cannot guarantee that the methods of security or transmission are 100% secure.
By using this website, you are agreeing to hold us harmless for any unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. You also agree we are not liable for any unauthorized disclosure of your personal information occurring through our website without our knowledge or consent.
x. Your Rights Under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have various rights regarding our collection and retention of your personal information.
- Right to access: you have the right to request copies of the personal information we have collected from you as well as information about the purpose of our collection of your personal information, and who the information is shared with. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information for free, but additional requests may incur a fee.
- Right to rectification: if you believe any of the personal information we have collected is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request we correct or complete that information.
- Right to erasure: under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we erase your personal information.
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing: you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to have us provide your personal information to you in a secure, structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to complain to a regulatory authority: you have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority regarding our handling of your personal information.
- Right to withdraw consent: if the legal basis for the processing of your personal information is solely your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com We may need additional information in order to confirm your identity before we can proceed with your request. In addition, some of these GDPR rights are subject to restrictions such as legal obligations or legal defense. If your request has been rejected, we will notify you accordingly.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your rights or how we process your personal information, you may contact your local Data Protection authority and lodge a complaint.
xi. Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a resident of California, you have several rights with regard to the use of our website:
- You have the right to know what categories of personal information we collect, how the information is collected, and the purpose for which we use the personal information.
- You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed to third parties.
- You have the right to say “no” to the sale of your personal information.
- You have the right to request from us any information regarding the disclosure of your personal information.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal information that has been collected in the last year.
In order to exercise any of these rights as a California resident, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request, we will disclose and deliver the requested information to you. You may only make a consumer request twice in any 12 month period. We will require information from you in order to verify your identity, before delivering the requested information to you.
xiii. CalOPPA Compliance
Our website does not monitor or respond to “Do Not Track” requests sent by your browser.
xiv. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (COPPA)
In accordance with children’s privacy laws like COPAA, and data privacy laws encompassing minors and privacy, including, but not limited to, the GDPR, we do not knowingly solicit, collect or use any information or market in any way to children under the age of 16. If we learn we have received personal information from a minor under the age of 16, we will delete this information and/or attempt to obtain parental consent. If you know we may have unknowingly collected information from a minor, please contact us at email@example.com.
xv. Third Party Websites
This website is owned and operated by:
Treaty Oak Strategies
2317 Amur Drive
Austin, Texas 78745
Last updated: 11/06/2021